WordPress has been quoted as a blazing fast website, one that all the top bloggers look for! The optimization features which involve its infrastructure and cache option guarantee that the visited pages on your website will open faster than ever.
Here, you can also build up your website with minimal effort. This is because there are a number of essential plug-ins, themes and services are available as pre-installed. The superior performance of WordPress is guaranteed in the form of server architecture and database management facilities.
The raging popularity of HostGator
Out of all the different hosting options available for WordPress today, HostGator is by far the most popular. There are multiple reasons that account for this huge acceptance of HostGator by WordPress bloggers, which you will eventually find out.
Worried how to get started with domain and hosting on Hostgator? Here’s everything you need to know.
1. Select the domain name first
To register for a domain online, you first have to select a suitable domain name. The domain name should be chosen in such a way that it bears an implication of what your website is about. It is very important to consider an appropriate domain name before registering for the same.
There are a number of reasons why you should choose a domain name first –
- Naming your domain would save you from the headache of informing or advertising the customers, should there be any change in the web host address. Even though the address changes, if the customers are already aware of the domain name of your website, they will be able to use it.
- A domain name is also responsible for providing credibility to your business. People would not want to have a business relationship with a company that does not have a domain name.
- The domain name also helps in advertisement purposes related to your website. A domain name gives a unique identity to your website and helps you to get good sponsors.
Click here to buy the domain name from Hostgator
Register the Domain Name- Your Website Identity
After choosing a domain name that is both apt and appealing, you will need to apply for the purchasing of the domain.
- You will need to make an online payment to purchase the domain as soon as you apply for one.
- Next, the registrar will proceed based on whether you are a web host or not. You are likely to have a domain name if you are already a web host. Then you will need some specific guidelines that you will receive from documents available on the site.
And if you are not a web host, then the registrar will allot you a temporary domain name at a temporary website to set you up so that you can start quickly.
- Once you go on to the registrar’s site, you will get the option to choose the type of domain that you want. You can search for this using the search box. After confirming the domain of your choice, you will have to fill up all the details, like name, address, and phone number. Then you will have to make the payment and upon its completion, the domain will be yours.
- Once the domain is yours, you will get special tools that can be used for uploading the requirements to your new website.
Registering with a domain name is definitely going to give you a presence online and make your site visible to the visitors. But you have to remember that your domain name should not create any copyright issue. The name should be totally unique and should not abuse any other party’s copyright. This does not mean that you are finished in establishing your online presence. It is only half of the process. Next, you will have to find a company that will host the website.
Register with a web-hosting company – HostGator
Once you buy a domain, the next step is to get the hosting rights. It means that you are renting the server space to publish your website on the internet. For the same, a small payment has to be made to the web hosting company. Web hosting companies are entitled to keep their servers up and running all the time so that people can always have access to websites.
In the same way, you will need a host for your WordPress website. WordPress websites are best known to help in improvised Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Digital Marketing as well. HostGator is such an example of a web-hosting company.
Benefits of hosting with Hostgator
- The server environment is better.
- A higher level of protection.
- Faster operations.
- Auto-backup facilities with just a single click.
- Efficient traffic handling.
- Easy access to all the accounts that you will be using on the website.
- Raining Discounts
Apart from these, in case of transferring a site, HostGator will take care of the process in a safe and uninterrupted way so that your website will not face any downtime within the standard working hours. And this would be done free of cost. Thus you need not bother once you choose this hosting site.
Compared to many other leading brands, HostGator offers maximum value at an affordable charge. You will get the benefits of more storage capacity, e-mails, and free migration services. Moreover, if you need any helping hand, there is a very polite helpline which is available for 24 hours, all days throughout the year.