How to blog when you’re not a writer?
Do you dread the task of writing? Do you feel that since you’re not a writer, you won’t do a good enough job of it? Many bloggers face this problem. Having a blog does not automatically make you a writer. You have to work at it and the following content writing tips will help you get there.Almost everyone in the digital world today calls – the King! But the fact is that we live in a cesspool of bad content. Mostly, the content you find is so self-serving, it makes you cringe. Spotting a bad content is becoming increasingly , “If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot.” Here’s everything you need to know about writing good content that is enough to get you started with writing.
Some basic content writing tips:
1.Ask Yourself Some Important Questions
Ask yourself the following questions before you begin writing:
- What is content writing and how is it different from regular writing?
- What makes a good and Successful content writer?
- Who will consume your content?
- What type of content would they like?
- How to identify bad content?
- How often do you want to publish content?
- What topics would appeal to your audience?
- What style of presentation would appeal to them? Formal, informal, more graphic-oriented or just tips and points?
Once you have the above points figured out, draw a content strategy and then begin your writing.
2.Look Up Helpful Technology
Several content tools are available that help you edit and polish your content. They recommend substitute words and phrases to replace your efforts. Over time, you will pick up some good content writing tips from these tools. Read the reviews first and then try one of the following tools:
- Hemingway Editor: A free tool that scans your content for readability.
- Write or Die: This tool helps you set goals and pace yourself as you write. You can set yourself a time limit and a related word count and the app will monitor your efforts.
- Grammarly: This tool focuses on the grammatical structure of your content; it gives you useful tips and corrects wrong grammar.
- : Copy blogger has been teaching people how to create killer online content. Not bland corporate crap created to fill up a company webpage. Valuable information that attracts attention, drives traffic, and builds your business
3.Find Inspiration From Other Content Writers
Look up blogs in your own niche to gain new knowledge of your domain. You can expand your industrial vocabulary as well as learn how other writers in your domain are connecting with their audience. Copy good content writing samples from other sites and emulate them for your topic.Author Jory Mackay focuses on the free-writing approach as a way for writers and “non-writers” to crack through whatever is holding them back from getting words down on paper. As Mackay explains, here are:
- Just start working (and don’t stop)
- Set out a block of time to work
- Write how you think
- Follow your thoughts
4.Dedicate Time to Write
Set aside a particular time slot when you’re free and not bothered by other responsibilities. Just clear your mind and make sure that it’s just you and your keyboard and screen. Work on how to make good content writing a reality in your life.
Often, the most common question asked is how to start a blog when you’re not a writer? The answer is by reading other blogs. Blogs, articles, Press releases, case studies etc. each require a different style of writing. With practice, you’re sure to develop a style of your own but to start with, regular reading is of utmost importance. Start reading books or online blogs and articles to improve your vocabulary. Appreciate the impactful writing, and successful delivery of story lines while understanding how effectively these content pieces engage the To read good books is the best habit of a Successful content writer. a Good Writer you first be a Good Reader and
6.Write As You Think
If you’re a marketer, you already have a good thinking process in place. Instead of writing it, just talk to your audience in your mind. Or better still, speak it out and record it on your phone. Then write out the transcript of your talk and you’ll be amazed at how good you’re at writing!
7.Make Notes On Areas Of Improvement
Make a note of all those areas where you need improvement. Maybe you want to improve your grammar or stop writing in the passive voice. Review your notes and work on each one till you’re perfect.
Ask your friends and colleagues for their honest feedback on your content. Remember to take negative feedback in your stride. Make edits as per their feedback and send it to them again. Learning from another’s perspective is a great way to know how your audience sees your writing.
Writing is not easy but it’s not all that tough, either. If you can express your thoughts fluently, you can . It’s just a different way of expressing your thoughts. Work at it with dedication and you’ll be good in no time at all.
Author: Team C4B
For the C4b content writing team, creating content is the easiest job. It is only after creating the content that the grilling really starts. Verified thoroughly with latest facts, revisions that go up to four rounds, and editors that are just not happy with anything mediocre. What our team puts forward is a result of immense hard work behind every word. Do let us know if you liked it.